About Rob Kling
Professor Rob Kling left behind not only a large corpus of research, but also a living legacy in his former students and colleagues. This part of the site is dedicated to his work and the people who knew him.
Remembering Rob Kling
Professor Rob Kling, the Director of Indiana University’s Center for Social Informatics, passed away on May 15th, 2003. Below are links to tributes and further information about him.
- Dr. Rob Kling Remembered
- Kling Memorial Resolution, prepared by Robin Allice and Noriko Hara
- Memorial: The Social Construction of Rob Kling - by Roberta Lamb in The Information Society
- Rob Kling: Leo Award Winner (2004)
- In Memoriam: Information Processing Talks 2003-2004
- Tribute to Rob Kling in The Information Society, 23(4)
Over time, we hope to interview many of the people who knew Rob. Please feel free to contact the RKCSI webmaster to participate in this lasting tribute to Rob’s legacy.
The following interviews are listed in order of year in which people met or came in contact with Rob.
- 1972: John Leslie King, University of Michigan
- 1979: Daniel Robey, Georgia State University
- 1988: Jonathan Grudin, University of Washington
- 1990: Roberta Lamb, University of Hawaii (Deceased, 2006)
- 1997: Christina Courtright, Indiana University
- 1998: Eric Meyer, Indiana University
For a complete list of Rob Kling's writings, please click here.